Get the Add to Any Subscribe Button widget and many other great free widgets at Widgetbox! Not seeing a widget? (More info)

Tuesday 20 August 2013

THE LOOTING CHALLENGE - Part 1

The looting challenge is going to be interactive and a very interesting part of the blog. The reason for this is as I can't actually go loot a shop in real life or go raid the left over food in someone's larder I invite you to challenge me!

The challenge is simple- Name 3 or more canned, tinned, dried, none perishable items that can be found in your average food store, corner shop, pantry or any other place you may raid for food in a zombie survival situation and I will endeavour to create a recipe with only these ingredients and things I can find locally in the wild such as nettles, nuts and berries.

Example- you could challenge me to make something from a tin of tuna, dried pasta and a jar of pesto but that would be too simple. the more obscure items the better and things you would not usually put together. This will make the challenge more realistic as you are telling me what I have 'found'

--Please note at this moment in time I do not have a penny to my name so I have published this looting challenge set by my friend from food in my own kitchen cupboards--

Part 1- The items- Jarred Jalepeno Peppers, Garlic Cloves and Cherry Peppers,  a Bottle of Hot Sauce, Some Rice Cakes and a Cheese Triangle (that does not require refrigeration)
 Part 2- Chop a portion of the Jarred ingredients
 Part 3- Over a low heat in a frying pan fry off the chopped items in a tiny amount of water. Then add the hot sauce to taste and a cheese triangle. Let the cheese triangle melt and mix into the other ingredients

Part 4- Spread over a rice cake and enjoy
\
Summary-
This was a real surprising challenge, I was expecting it to be pretty rank but ended up making a second helping! If you are strapped for cash give it a go as a cheap snack or even an alternative to a sandwich.
Try the topping in a toasty or even on a jacket potato. maybe even as a topping for meat? .... More experimentation to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment