Get the Add to Any Subscribe Button widget and many other great free widgets at Widgetbox! Not seeing a widget? (More info)

Tuesday 20 August 2013

Introduction

Hey, Thank you for coming to take a look at my blog, I know i am about 8 years late joining in on the blog scene but here are my reasons why.

The long term goal is to write a book called the zombie survival food bible which would be a recipe book, and a how to guide for basic foraging, hunting, cleaning animals, preserving, fishing, fire building etc. As I started to write I realised the detail I wanted to put into the book and the extra skills I would have to learn really will take many years to complete. The more I write more ideas came to mind and now the content for the book that I want to write is really more like an encyclopaedia.  I also wanted everything thing I do to be photographed to prove that everything I write has been done by me first hand and I'm not just ripping off other peoples recipes etc

For those of you wondering why its the 'Zombie' survival guide and not just a plain old survival guide there a few reasons- Firstly who doesn't love zombies? Secondly, this adds an element of fun too the book and challenge pages such a looting etc. Third of all there are so many laws in place and rules for foraging, hunting etc that i wanted to keep the book as simple as possible. in a world full of zombies the law no longer exists as we know it.

So why blog now?? Yesterday was a bad day! worse than bad! Heartbreaking! I went to my chest freezer to get a duck out for dinner and the contents had somehow defrosted ... sank into a pile of blood, fruit, fur and nastiness and then refroze. I do not have a penny to my name as I had just returned from holiday and now I do not have my back up supply of food which I intended to live off for the next 5-6 weeks.

After a day of sulking, sobbing and self pity i decided its time to do something positive! Its time to pull out the big guns and source my food without a trip to the shops. Luckily I have a fantastic family and outstanding friends who are willing to help me on my adventure. Mum very kindly fed me last night with Eggs from her hens, Potatoes from a neighbour and Gammon from the shop. My cousin called round later last night after hearing about the freezer incident with a bag off scrumped potatoes, foraged blackberries and a wood pigeon her friends cat had brought home.

I will blog intensively over the next few weeks on my meals, i do have tins, herbs, spices etc in the kitchen to add to recipes. But also i will publish other sections that I have already written and intend to publish in the book in years to come.

If you have any questions, Idea's, feedback or input please get in touch!

One final word- I am dyslexic, my grammer is appalling, i use lots of smiley's, I incorrectly use -;"?()  and even when i proof read things i get it wrong and I write how I speak! Pleaseeee bare with me. As my very good friend Chan would say 'I was born to be real, not to be perfect'

Thanks again!
Summer

2 comments:

  1. Wow great Summer-Looking forward to reading this daily.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You :) I will post some photos of dinner later :) Xx

    ReplyDelete